Memorial Day Thank You Quotes, Sayings, Images
Take a minute and say Thank You to those because of whom you are enjoying this day. From military doctors and nurses, members of the Armed forces helping with Vaccine distributions, and those who don’t have grateful for their courage and service. You may need some Memorial Day Thank You quotes. In honor of that sentiment, we’ve complied a list of Memorial Day quotes that will help express gratitude to the sacrifice so many have made in service to our country.
Table of Contents
Memorial Day Thank You Quotes
On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live. – Eric Burdon
Your silent tents of green / We deck with fragrant flowers; / Yours has the suffering been, / The memory shall be ours. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Today let us, as Americans, honor the American fighting man. For it is he — the soldier, the sailor, the Airman, the Marine — who has fought to preserve freedom. It is his valor that has given renewed hope to the free world that by working together in discipline and faith our ideals of freedom will always prevail. – Admiral Forrest P. Sherman
Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay. – Barack Obama
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation. – General Douglas MacArthur
To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.- Unknown
The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example. – Benjamin Disraeli
Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.- Wallace Bruce
Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history. – Mary Roach
Related: Memorial Day 2021 sayings, messages, status updates
Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all our service men and women past and present. You are not forgotten! – Courteney Cox
Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men. – Richard Watson Gilder
How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! – Maya Angelou
If this world were mine, I’d not hesitate for a second giving it to a patriot. To me, there is no national treasure as valuable as the blood of a patriot. A very blessed Decoration Day to America and all her beautiful citizens!
The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.- Jeff Miller
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.- John F. Kennedy
See also: Memorial Day 2021 HD wallpapers
May God lavish all His attention and love on this great land today. Happy Memorial Day to every single American who has this country at heart!
I don’t personally know the fallen heroes of this country, but I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their sacrifices. I also pray for their happiness wherever they may be. May God abundantly bless America.
May God smile upon the United States of America and bless all our brave servicemen and women for their extraordinary services to our dear nation. Thank you for your service, from my heart.
Thank You for the deed you did, thank you for serving the nation in the difficult time, thank you for keeping us safe from all the troubles. Its because of all the soldiers we are living a peaceful life. Thank you for everything.”
For every moment of Peace, for every day of Greatness, for every Liberty we have, we owe our Veterans!
In Memory of many, in honor of all, Thank You!
Memorial Day Thank You Messages
- May your Memorial Day be as beautiful as this lovely nation we live in. God bless us all!
- Today, without a shadow of doubt, America stands strong thanks to the sacrifices of our heroes. I not only honor them on this special day, I also bless their souls. Thank you for your service.
- May you forever be proud of this phenomenal country that you live in. Thank you for your service.
- There’s nothing more heroic than true patriotism. Wishing all patriotic citizens of this wonderful nation a very blessed Memorial Day!
- Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.
- No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.
Helpful: Inspirational memorial day quotes for everyone
- On this day, we honor all current and former members of the Armed Services. Our country’s greatness is built on the foundation of your courage and sacrifice. Thank you!
- Did you know there are over one million active duty military? That means you are truly one in a million.
- We honor our fallen heroes… today and everyday for giving us the beautiful gift of freedom and happiness. America is free because of these brave men. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day.
- If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for.
- A man is a patriot if his heart beats true to his country.
- Let their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.
See also: Memorial Day profile pics for Facebook, Whatsapp
- Let us come together and thank all those soldiers who made America victorious. Let us honor them for bringing peace and glory to our country. Wishing you a wonderful Memorial Day.
- America is the home of the free all because the brave soldiers. Today is the day to remember and honor their sacrifices and efforts to bring us freedom. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.
- The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
Memorial Day Thank You Sayings to Veterans
For your bravery, hard work, and dedication to our country, we thank you
As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars. – John M. McHugh
I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. – Nathan Hale
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. – Mark Twain
Related: Memorial Day animated gif pictures
There are no points of the compass on the chart of true patriotism. – Robert Charles Winthrop
There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country. – Nick Lampson
Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. –Adlai E. Stevenson II
For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue. –James A. Garfield
See also: Memorial Day captions for Instagram pictures
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived.” –George S. Patton
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. – James Bryce
I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually. – James A. Baldwin
Memorial Day Thank You Quotes Images
Related: Memorial Day printable coloring pages ideas
Related: Memorial Day clipart, banners ideas